The Five-Fold Path to Successful Communication at FUUN
The Director of Communication is available to assist you with all of your communication needs. As a guideline, here are some great pointers from the Communications Committee.
- Great communication is not magic. It’s work and a shared responsibility.
- You are responsible for the creation of your content. This includes information and photos for the website, newsletter, weekly email, weekly Sunday bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, bulletin board, press releases, radio spots, and so on.
- The Director of Communication will assist you in delivering important messages in a variety of ways over time. On average, a message needs to be delivered three time before it registers and seven times before it sinks in.
- To address communication issues, please contact the Director of Communication, Sheri DiGiovanna at DirCommunications@thefuun.org.
- Play nicely with others. This includes planning ahead, allowing enough lead time for editing support and honoring our branding process.
How do I Get the Word Out?
- The easiest way to get your announcement every where it can be is to submit your announcement using the online Getting the Word Out form. Your announcement will be placed in every suitable publication for which the deadline has not yet passed.
- Due to their formatting and length, most find it easier to submit newsletter article by the 20th of each month to email@example.com.
- Look for a confirmation letting you know to where your announcement was posted. You will be contacted if there are any questions or missing information.
What are my Primary Communication Responsibilities?
- Keep your committee, event, or group website page current by updating it at lease once a year. Simply submit any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update your @thefuun.org and @firstuunashville.org email forwarders at least once a year. Simply email updates to DirCommunications@thefuun.org
- Update the membership of your listervs at least once a year. Simply email updates to DirCommunications@thefuun.org
- Please be familiar with and respect our Branding Guidelines (PDF) set up by the Communication Committee.
- Use the Getting the Word Out procedures to publicize your events or announcements.
Sheri DiGiovanna | Director of Communication | sheri@theFUUN.org