There are a number of ways you can contribute to FUUN via our fundraising efforts.
Annual Events: We host annual events such as our Herb & Craft Fair (spring), Annual Auction (fall), Holiday Craft Fair and Poinsettia Sale (Nov-Dec), Cabaret Dinner Theatre for our Habitat for Humanity Build (Valentines Day Weekend), which you can participate in by volunteering, attending and/or shopping!
Sunday Events: We have weekly fundraising opportunities such as our Share the Plate offertory and our Sunday Share the Table Food Table set up during the coffee hours in the social room. Roughly ½ of the proceeds for each go to the designated group of the month. Share the Plate is most often outside groups we wish to support, and the Food table supports internal groups such as sending one of our students to Mountain Camp.
Ongoing Opportunities: And finally, we have the following ongoing programs which greatly assist our church in raising needed funds that are fun and easy for you to use:
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Enroll your Kroger Card in their Community Rewards Program designating First Unitarian Universalist Church as a recipient. Once you’ve successfully enrolled, FUUN will earn rewards on all eligible purchases you make using your Kroger Plus Card. Kroger will award up to a maximum of $50,000 each quarter to participating organizations!
Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com.
Directions to enroll your Kroger Plus Card:
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus Card handy.
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the Kroger customer service desk.
- Click on Sign In or Create an Account.
- Most participants are new online customers, so you must click Create an Account.
- Enter your email address and password, and the approximate zip code of your preferred store. Click on your preferred store in the list and click Create Account.
- Once enrolled, scroll down to the Community Rewards section and click Enroll.
- Complete the necessary fields and click Save.
- On the next page type 88526 in the box and click Search. Or you can search by entering part of our name First Unitarian Universalist Church
- Click the radio button next to our name and click Enroll.
- You will be taken back to your Account Summary page with the message, “Your enrollment in the Community Rewards Program has been updated.”
- Now, use your Kroger Plus Card during every trip to Kroger to help FUUN raise funds. Easy! And thank you!
You can also call 866-221-4141.
Shop the internet with Goodshop: First UU Nashville will receive a percentage of your online shopping dollars if you sign up with www.Goodshop.com. Go to www.GoodShop.com, designate First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville as the cause you support, and then click over to your favorite store website and shop away! There’s no easier way to support First UU Nashville. Please spread the word.
Members and friends can make a gift to the Church Birthday Fund at any time on the occasion of their birthdays or to honor the birthday of someone special, preferably in dollars equal to their age. Simply write a check or put cash into an envelope and leave it with the offertory with “Birthday Fund Donation” in the memo line. We will thank you in the Newsletter unless you indicate otherwise.
Whichever way you participate in the fundraising at FUUN, we offer our many thanks for your support.
If you have questions about fundraising events at FUUN, please contact the Fundraising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.