The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville, a liberal religious community, is committed to offering “top notch” ministry to children and youth. We are seeking a Childcare Coordinator, a 10 hour per week position, which supervises and coordinates the care of infants and toddlers, and elementary aged youth on occasion, during worships and other events requiring childcare. The primary responsibility is to manage, train, schedule and equip nursery workers and ensure that the young children of the church are well cared for in a loving and safe environment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manages a team of 4-6 part time staff to implement care and teaching for children 6 months to 10 years old as needed during worship and activities of the church.
• Schedule Childcare workers for Sunday mornings, special worships, classes and other events.
• Be present for supervision and management in the nursery during operational hours and to establish rapport with families.
• Provide a schedule of activities for Childcare Workers that may include stories, or an art project particularly for children when care times are over an hour.
• Oversee parental sign-in/sign-out to ensure the safety of all children. Maintain weekly attendance records and report those weekly to the church office. Connect with families who have been absent to check-in.
• Approve all Childcare worker timecards and submit in a timely fashion for payment.
• Preform regular and recurring safety checks of the nursery and ensure it is appropriately stocked with supplies, up to date and operational equipment, and furniture.
• Manage on-going training for all Childcare workers pertaining to child safety, employee policies, and nursery policies. Ensuring adherence to the Honoring the Children Policies and procedures.
• This list is not to be considered as all-inclusive Additional responsibilities may be assigned or current responsibilities modified periodically.
• The Childcare Coordinator must possess communication and interpersonal skills, able to motivate and manage staff.
• Experience working and caring for young children in a childcare environment is preferred.
• A good knowledge of young children’s ministry, particularly knowledge of young child development for infants and toddlers
• Strong organizational skills.
• Accessible; quickly and easily reached by phone, text, or email.
• Able to create signs, sign in sheets, and communications with parents etc. that are crisp, well edited, and professional in appearance.
• Able to lift 30 pounds.
• Trained in CPR and First Aid.
The Childcare Coordinator will:
• Have respect for the FUUN mission, purposes, and principles.
• Adhere to the Honoring the Children policy, educate and train staff on procedures, including appropriate clearances for working with children.
• Establish a working environment with the staff and members conducive to productive and harmonious relationships.
• Respect the privacy of church members, refrain from gossip, and keep confidential matters to her/himself and maintain neutrality and objectivity when discussing matters of concern within the church.
• Be organized and proactive through communication avenues.
Working conditions and physical requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit and / or stand for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects, talk and hear.
The employee must be available to work approximately 10 hours weekly in the nursery during Sunday morning services, special worships, classes and other events which take place on weekday evenings and weekends. The employee must be able to work cooperatively with other members of the staff and with volunteers. The employee may perform some of the administrative work remotely as needed.
To apply, please email a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.