Ways to get involved
Looking for a way to get involved? We Unitarian Universalists believe in working together to accomplish our mission and live out our principles, and we have many kinds of shared activities you might like to check out.
Here are some ways to do that:
- Watch our blog posts for opportunities. Committees and other groups often send out an alert if there’s an event they’d like help with or if they’re looking for new members.
- Visit an open committee meeting. Check for meeting times on the committee’s page and contact the chair to let them know you’d like to attend.
- Watch our newsletter, weekly bulletin, TV Monitors or manned social room tables for the many rewarding opportunities available to connect with and participate in the work of our beloved community.
- Nominate yourself or someone else to fulfill a Board of Trust or Committee Chair opportunity by filling out the form below.
Note that while most of the opportunities are open to anyone with interest, some are elected and some require training. We hope you will take the time to review our website and will find something that speaks to you and your particular interests.
We invite you to get involved and to join us in this rewarding work. Currently . . .
- The Worship Committee has immediate openings for volunteers who will be running the sound system during Sunday morning services. Team members will take turns running the sound on
- The Herb & Craft Fair Committee is looking for committee members to help plan the event on April 22 and volunteers to direct people to the bulletin board. There are many different ways to help out during the days leading up to the fair and also on the day of the fair. Sewers, bakers, woodworkers, ecology buffs and fair day worker-bees are all in demand. Please see our bulletin board for the complete list of volunteer opportunities. It is a great way to get involved. For more information contact Linda D’Errico, email@example.com.
- The FUUNdraising Committee needs three members to sit on the advisory committee, and co-chairs to work with Skip Rudsenske to organize and supervise the Barn Dance/Auction and Holiday Craft Fair events. Please contact Skip for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come help FUUN Prison Ministries by playing music, participating in services, teaching, classes, or donating money to help fund these services, which keep religious liberty alive behind bars. For more information, contact Prison Ministries Chair Edie White, Pr, email@example.comCommittee Opportunities
Also, for a list of our committees with brief descriptions of each, click here
When we signed the book and became members, we also committed to support the Church with our time and finances. You can find information about offering financial support here.